Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Reports To: General Manager
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the restaurant. This includes hiring and training staff, creating and managing schedules, ordering and managing inventory, ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, providing excellent customer service, managing the budget and tracking financial performance, and developing and implementing marketing and promotional strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, and supervise all restaurant staff.
- Create and manage staffing schedules.
- Order and manage inventory levels.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests.
- Manage the restaurant budget and track financial performance.
- Develop and implement marketing and promotional strategies.
- Resolve customer complaints and issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe restaurant environment.
- Work with the General Manager to develop and implement long-term goals for the restaurant.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in a restaurant management role.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of all aspects of restaurant operations, including food preparation, customer service, and financial management.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Chance to make a real difference in the success of a restaurant.
If you are interested in a career as a restaurant manager, be sure to develop the skills and experience necessary for the job. You can do this by working in various restaurant positions, such as server, bartender, or host. You can also take courses or get certified in restaurant management.